This job posting was sent to CUP.
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Reports to: Editor in Chief
Canadian Lawyer is currently seeking an Editorial Intern to assist with stories relating to the legal profession for both online and print. The selected intern will work alongside the Editor in Chief. The ideal candidate will be a journalism student or recent graduate with confidence in their reporting abilities. This candidate is detail oriented, organized, and has an interest in various aspects of new media. This paid position will run from May 6 to June 27, 2014.
Qualifications: (M) = Mandatory or (P) = Preferred
• Completed or currently enrolled in a journalism program (M)
• Experience creating or preparing digital content (writing and/or videos) (M)
• Magazine writing training (P)
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
• Excellent command of the English language in both written and oral forms (M)
• Accurate and detail oriented editing skills (M)
• Knowledge of CP style (M)
• Excellent interpersonal and people skills (M)
• Ability to work under pressure and successfully meet deadlines (M)
• Proven ability to plan, schedule, organize, and prioritize (M)
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal direction (M)
Application Procedure: All interested candidates are required to submit a resume and two clippings or links to online work by April 11, 2014. Please send your application to clb.cleditor@thomsonreuters.
Thomson Reuters Canada Ltd. endorses the principles of workforce diversity; all qualified employees are encouraged to apply.